On May 21, 2014, the Army Contracting Command-New Jersey (ACC-NJ) posted a draft solicitation for the Program and Systems Support (PASS) procurement on behalf of the Naval Air System Command (NAVAIR Corporate Business Office (CBO)). The draft solicitation does not include a sample task and also does not include six of the 13 attachments listed in Section J of the draft RFP.
The PASS solicitation will utilize full an open competition to award approximately 10 five-year indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) multiple award contracts (MACs). The total maximum dollar value for all task orders placed under these MACs is more than $495 million. The expected date for initiation of contract performance is January 1, 2015.
Responsibilities included under the PASS contract include:
- The Department of Defense (DoD) Decision Support System that ensures effective interaction between Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS), and
- The Acquisition System, and Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBES) processes.
Contract services will provide for total integrated life cycle management activities for:
Project, Program, and Portfolio (PPP) Management
- Requirements Analyses
- Monitoring and Control
- Acquisition Lifecycle Documentation, Reporting and Presentation
- Risk Management
- Continuity of Operations and Disaster Recocery (COOP/DR)
- Administrative and Clerical Support
Business, Cost Estimating and Financial Management
- Financial Management
- Cost Estimating Management
- Business Management
Life Cycle Logistics (Integrated Product Support)
- Business Transformation Initiatives
- Business Environment
- Concept of Operations (COMOPS)
- Functional Gap/ Fit Analysis
- Business Needs/ Outcomes Identification
Modeling and Simulation Management
Test and Evaluation
- IT Management
- IT Services
- IT Systems Development, Deployment, Operations and Support
- Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Software Planning, Implementation and Operations
Facilitation, Education and Training
Technical Editing, Writing, and Illustration
Physical Security Operations
Contract awards will be based on a Best-Value trade-off evaluation. Evaluation factors include:
- Technical Approach
- Past Performance
Successful offerors will require access to classified information. Clearance and safeguarding requirements are:
Facility Clearance: TOP SECRET
Level of Safeguarding: SECRET
PASS services will be required throughout the continental United States (CONUS) and outside the continental United States (OCONUS). Foreign Military Sales (FMS) services will also be required. Place of performance will vary for each task order.
The period of performance includes a 12-month base period and four 12-month ordering period options.
We anticipate release of the final solicitation during the fourth quarter of FY14 and contract award during the second quarter of FY15. Prospective offeror should be working on a draft proposal based upon the available pre-solicitation documents.