Welcome to the GovCon “Win” News Round Up brought to you by OCI. Each month, we provide you a summary of the most actionable news to help you maintain a competitive edge and win more business.
Senate Passes $1 Trillion Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill
Last week, the U.S. Senate passed the $1 trillion infrastructure bill, which would be the nation’s biggest investment in decades in roads, bridges, airports and waterways. For infrastructure-related contractors, this could be a “transformational” opportunity.
NIH Extends Deadline to Bid on CIO-SP4 Vehicle to August 20
NIH has extended the deadline for bidding on the CIO-SP4 contract vehicle for IT services across government to August 20th. This gives bidders a final chance to improve their submissions to get a piece of this $50B opportunity.
Commerce Department Developing Massive IT Services Contract
The Department of Commerce is building a new IT contract to be used at every level of the agency, and wants to be a “recognized as a leader” in federal technology. The agency wants to do a complete re-fresh every three to five years – reinforcing potential ongoing opportunities for contractors supporting this effort.
Senate Passed Bill to Modernize Federal Contracting, Expand Small Business Opportunities
The Senate recently passed bipartisan legislation designed to modernize the federal acquisition process while expanding governmentwide-contracting opportunities for small businesses – pointing to potential future growth opportunities.
White House Urges Congress to Increase Proposed $50M Funding for TMF
The OMB has called on lawmakers to increase the $50 million Congress has proposed adding to the Technology Modernization Fund as part of the fiscal 2022 appropriations process.
4 Questions Government Officials Should Ask Their Technology Vendors
Bob Ainsbury, Chief Product Officer at Granicus, authored this recent GovExec Op-Ed about what agency procurement leaders should ask industry members when it comes to building security in their organizations.
From the OCI Blog …
In case you missed it, here are our latest blog posts:
- Proposal Win Themes Checklist – Rise Above the Competition
- Powerful Proposal Graphics – Making Your Pictures Worth a Thousand Words
- SDVOSBs Winning PACTS III
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (July)
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (June)
- Pop-up Bids, is it Worth the Pursuit?
- PODCAST: NITAAC’s CIO-SP4 RFP is Out … Now What?
- Polaris GWAC “Lost in Space”
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (May)
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (April)
- Alliant 2 versus Polaris: The Battle of the “Never Was” Versus “The Next Big Thing”
- Getting Ready for the USAF Training System Acquisition (TSA) IV Solicitation
- Reach for the Stars with a Win on the Polaris GWAC
- Long-Term Employees – Help OCI Provide Solid Service
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (February)
- Winning ITES-4H
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (January)
- Defense Enclave Service (DES): Game-Changing $11.2B Single-Award Contract
Please reach out to OCI here to tap into our wide-range of federal proposal consultants for organizations of all sizes – from Top 10 Federal Contractors to rapidly growing small businesses.