The GovCon Win News Round Up: New Executive to Lead Pentagon Acquisitions; JWCC Cloud Procurement Update; and NOAA $8 Billion Satellite Contract
Welcome to the GovCon “Win” News Round Up brought to you by OCI. Each month, we provide you a summary of the most actionable news to help you maintain a competitive edge and win more business.
Biden Selects Former Air Force Executive to Lead Pentagon Acquisitions
In late November, President Joe Biden announced his intent to nominate William LaPlante for Under Secretary for Acquisition and Sustainment at the Department of Defense. The CEO of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) said that LaPlante could bring the Pentagon’s acquisition and sustainment efforts “to remarkable heights.”
In JWCC Cloud Procurement, Pentagon Plans a Novel Approach to Competition
The Department of Defense will let all four of its pre-selected firms freely compete for work within the new Joint Warfighting Cloud Capability (JWCC) ecosystem, according to this recent Fed News Network article.
NOAA Seeking Vendors for $8 Billion Satellite Support Contract
Smaller contractors now have the opportunity to bid for a potential 10-year, $8 billion professional services contract to support satellite programs with NOAA. The deadline for bid responses for the Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services (ProTech) 2.0 Satellite Domain contract is January 6, 2022.
Space Force Issues Solicitation for Launch Operations Support Contract
The U.S. Space Force has released a request for proposals for a potential $99.57 million contract to provide repair, maintenance and modernization support for aging facilities. The deadline for submitting questions on the final RFP is January 4th, and proposals are due January 27th.
NIST Outlines Request for Information Toward a New Cybersecurity Framework
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is planning on updating its overall Cybersecurity Framework, and is seeking industry input. It will be based on new features to improve risk management, opportunities related to external and internal resources and challenges that organizations are facing from a technology supply chain perspective.
AFRL Seeks White Papers for $99M Photonics Material Research Program
The Air Force Research Laboratory (ARFL) is seeking industry white papers on how to advance photonic materials used in aircraft components, sensors, structures and systems for its $98.7 million MaRSS II program.
VA Aims to Reduce Administrative Tasks With AI, Machine Learning
In November, the VA launched a pre-solicitation for its Accelerating VA Innovation and Learning (AVAIL) program, which aims to increase efficiency and optimize its clinicians’ professional capabilities, featuring advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies.
From the OCI Blog …
In case you missed it, here are our latest blog posts:
- $800M Army AEWD RFP Program – Nearing Release
- PODCAST: Are You Ready to EVOLVE with an $8 Billion State Department Contract?
- Contract Spotlight: EVOLVE DoS RFP
- Proposal Kickoff Meetings That Put You on the Path to Win
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (November)
- CAPS RFP: US Army’s DAGRS Recompete
- Washington Technology: Break Barriers Between Marketing, BD, Capture and Proposal Groups to Maximize Your Profits
- OCI Team Highlights
- Winning the $1.5B Commerce CATTS Program
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (October)
- GSA’s Next-Generation Small Business GWAC Polaris – Update
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (September)
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (August)
- Proposal Win Themes Checklist – Rise Above the Competition
- Powerful Proposal Graphics – Making Your Pictures Worth a Thousand Words
- SDVOSBs Winning PACTS III
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (July)
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (June)
- Pop-up Bids, is it Worth the Pursuit?
- PODCAST: NITAAC’s CIO-SP4 RFP is Out … Now What?
- Polaris GWAC “Lost in Space”
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (May)
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (April)
- Alliant 2 versus Polaris: The Battle of the “Never Was” Versus “The Next Big Thing”
- Getting Ready for the USAF Training System Acquisition (TSA) IV Solicitation
- Reach for the Stars with a Win on the Polaris GWAC
- Long-Term Employees – Help OCI Provide Solid Service
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (February)
- Winning ITES-4H
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (January)
- Defense Enclave Service (DES): Game-Changing $11.2B Single-Award Contract
Please reach out to OCI here to tap into our wide-range of federal proposal consultants for organizations of all sizes – from Top 10 Federal Contractors to rapidly growing small businesses.