The GovCon Win News Round Up: Fourth Quarter Spending Heats Up; House Infrastructure Bill; and the Air Force’s Project Kaiju
Welcome to the GovCon “Win” News Round Up brought to you by OCI. Each month, we provide you a summary of the most actionable news to help you maintain a competitive edge and win more business.
Fourth Quarter Government Spending Heats Up
According to Washington Technology, the 4th quarter government-spending spree is underway with 26 new DoD contract announcements, and this year’s spending is “fast and quick.” In addition, here’s an interesting analysis of Q4 government spending trends, valuable for any government proposal professional.
House Infrastructure Bill Includes Over $3 billion for Federal Tech
The House Oversight and Reform Committee voted to approve over $3 billion for federal tech initiatives, including another billion-dollar investment into the Technology Modernization Fund (TMF).
DoD Wants Transformational 2023 Budget, But Will Take Some Cuts to Pay for It
The leaders of the military services are promising a transformative 2023 budget, even though it seems unlikely that the Biden administration will increase the Defense Department’s budget, according to this recent Fed News Network article.
Project Kaiju – Expected In January – Will Include Nine Efforts Named After Famous Giant Monsters
Proposal professionals, mark your calendars. Come January, the Air Force will launch Project Kaiju, a giant new effort to ensure the future of U.S. air dominance with plans for nine sub-projects and tasks, all named after famous strange beasts.
Postal Service Will Focus on Big Data, Digital Platforms Over Next 10 Years
The U.S. Postal Service agency recently released a 10-year plan that calls for $2.4 billion in spending on tech initiatives in Big Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning.
SBA Sees Biden Executive Orders as Opportunity to Increase Small Business Contracts
The Small Business Administration, as part of the Biden administration’s diversity, equity and inclusion work, is stepping up to increase the percentage of federal contracting dollars that go to small, disadvantaged businesses.
Take Advantage of GSA’s Forecast of Contracting Opportunities Tool
As a reminder to BD and proposal professionals, be sure to take advantage of the GSA’s Forecast of Contracting Opportunities Tool, which assists with acquisition planning by helping you to learn about potential prime contracting opportunities early in the process.
From the OCI Blog …
In case you missed it, here are our latest blog posts:
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (August)
- Proposal Win Themes Checklist – Rise Above the Competition
- Powerful Proposal Graphics – Making Your Pictures Worth a Thousand Words
- SDVOSBs Winning PACTS III
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (July)
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (June)
- Pop-up Bids, is it Worth the Pursuit?
- PODCAST: NITAAC’s CIO-SP4 RFP is Out … Now What?
- Polaris GWAC “Lost in Space”
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (May)
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (April)
- Alliant 2 versus Polaris: The Battle of the “Never Was” Versus “The Next Big Thing”
- Getting Ready for the USAF Training System Acquisition (TSA) IV Solicitation
- Reach for the Stars with a Win on the Polaris GWAC
- Long-Term Employees – Help OCI Provide Solid Service
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (February)
- Winning ITES-4H
- The GovCon Win News Round Up (January)
- Defense Enclave Service (DES): Game-Changing $11.2B Single-Award Contract
Please reach out to OCI here to tap into our wide-range of federal proposal consultants for organizations of all sizes – from Top 10 Federal Contractors to rapidly growing small businesses.