In this episode of the Secret Code to Government Proposal Success podcast series, Aaron Heffron, President of Market Connections, discusses how government contractors can avoid complacency traps, and take the proper steps to win their next recompete.
When it comes to bidding on recompetes, it’s all too easy for government contractors to fall into some complacency traps, and essentially drink their own bathwater.
Much of this comes from overestimating your position of strength, assuming that the government customer is risk averse, not leveraging evidence of your success, and not being fully connected with agency leaders and decision-makers.
In the face of today’s coronavirus-related challenges and opportunities, government contractors need to take every precaution when it comes to seeking recompetes. Even in normal times, the incumbent contractors lose between 25 and 30 percent of their recompletes.
Following are additional highlights from this interview:
- Why government contractors really need to make sure that they don’t get complacent when it comes to securing re-competes. (1:00)
- The common complacency traps that contractors often fall into when seeking recompetes. (2:26)
- The potential for recompete opportunities during the summer selling season. (4:38)
- How government contractors should leverage the right research when seeking recompetes. (7:12)
- When contractors should start preparing for their next recompete. (9:00)
- The services that Market Connections provides to contractors when it comes to recompetes. (10:55)
Are you prepared to win your next recompete? Download our new “Contract Recompetes: Don’t Drink Your Own Bathwater” white paper here to learn more.
OCI offers a wide and deep selection of proposal talent, highly personalized and responsive service, and competitive rates. Over 300 vetted consultants give us the bandwidth to help win your next recompete. Please contact us here for help with your next recompete.